Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hiring a "Mothers Helper"

So, I have a myriad of health problems and such so I knew that I would need a mothers helper without a doubt! So, I founds someone to come and help me a few hours a day while I got in my feet. At first I slept while she came! I just needed to sleep!! I have put together a list of questions that I put together for when you are looking for a mothers helper :-) Here it is!

Questions To Ask A Potential Mother's Helpers:
  1. Why are you interested in this position?
  2. Do you have your own children? Did you stay at home with them?
  3. What is your previous child-care experience?
  4. What do you like most about childcare?  What do you like least?
  5. How do you handle a crying baby?
  6. In your opinion, can you spoil an infant?
  7. What are your beliefs on discipline for infants?
  8. How do you entertain a baby?
  9. What are your thoughts about feeding on demand?
  10. How do you feel about holding the baby a lot?
  11. We don’t believe in rigid schedules for babies (though we are fine with routines). Are you ok with that?
  12. Do you have infant CPR training?
  13. Do you have reliable transportation?
  14. Are you allergic to cats?
  15. I have a list of tasks that we would like you to be comfortable with:
    1. Light housework while the baby is eating (if I am feeding the baby would you be willing to clean the kitchen, fold baby laundry, pick up the house... etc.)?
    2. Playing with the cats, if I have the baby and you don't have anything else to do?
    3. Running errands with or without me?
    4. Going to doctors appointments with me and the baby?
  16. My husband will be home sometimes, are you comfortable helping the two of us?
  17. We plan on paying you the full amount and having you take care of the taxes. Is that okay?
  18. Do you have any questions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment